The Valpak My Mom, My Hero Sweepstakes
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
1. SPONSOR: The Valpak My Mom, My Hero Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Valpak Direct Marketing Systems, Inc., 805 Executive Center Dr. W, St Petersburg, FL 33702 (“Valpak” or “Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: Subject to the additional limitations set forth below, the Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older, or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older at time of entry. Sweepstakes is not open to employees of Sponsor, or any of their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees and advertising or promotional agencies, or to the immediate family members of, or to any persons domiciled with, any such employees. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, “immediate family members” are defined as spouses, children, siblings, parents, grandparents and grandchildren.
By submitting an entry, you grant Sponsor a worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable, and transferable right and license to use, copy, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, publish and display your Submission on Sponsor’s web sites, and Sponsor’s (and its successors’) business in any media formats, and through any media channels. The foregoing license will be perpetual and non-exclusive. The right and license granted to Sponsor includes the right of Sponsor (but not the obligation of Sponsor) to (1) post the Submission on Sponsor’s web sites; (2) use the Submission to promote Sponsor’s marketing campaigns or initiatives; (3) edit, modify, format, or adapt the Submission for Sponsor’s purposes and use such revised version to the same extent as the Submission; and (4) use the Submission for advertising and promotional uses.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine eligibility of each entrant and reserves the right to disqualify an entry at any time for any reason. All decisions by Sponsor are final, binding and conclusive.
Content Guidelines and Prohibited Content
4. PRIZES AND ODDS: The award of a prize is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. PRIZES: Five (5) Prize winners will receive a check for one thousand ($1,000.00) dollars. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any reason whatsoever. The prize is non-assignable and nontransferable. The Prize Winners are solely responsible for payment of all federal, state and local taxes on the prize value awarded and for all costs and expenses not specified herein.
The participants selected as the Provisional Prize Winners (as defined in Section 6) may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 or W-8 form in order to claim the prize. As a condition of receiving a prize, the Provisional Prize Winners may be required to complete, sign and have notarized an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release or similar documents as outlined by Sponsor and, except where prohibited by law, a publicity release, which must be returned via mail or hand delivery within ten (10) business days of date of sender’s notification postmark. Failure of a Provisional Prize Winner to timely sign and return any required documents or the return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable, or failure of a Provisional Prize Provisional Winner to claim the prize or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute Provisional Prize Winner to be randomly selected from all remaining eligible entries in the Prize drawing. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Total ARV of the prizes awarded in the Sweepstakes: $5,000.00.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS/RANDOM DRAWINGS: One (1) prize winner (“Prize Winner”) will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during each Entry Period, as defined below, for a total of five (5) Prize Winners. Odds of winning a Prize in each drawing will depend on the number of eligible entries received by the deadline for the applicable drawing.
A random drawing will be conducted during regular business hours on or about April 11, 2017 for Prize drawing 1; on or about April 18, 2017 for Prize drawing 2; on or about April 25, 2017 for Prize drawing 3; on or about May 2, 2017 for Prize drawing 4; on or about May 15, 2017 for Prize drawing 5. All eligible entries not selected in a particular drawing will remain eligible for the subsequent Prize drawings (if any).
Limit one (1) Prize per person.
The Sponsor’s fulfillment center will attempt to contact the selected Provisional Prize Winners in person by telephone during regular business hours (9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (EDT)) using the telephone number provided on the selected Provisional Prize Winner’s entry form and if an email is provided, Sponsor will email the Provisional Prize Winner. If Sponsor’s fulfillment center is (a) unable to reach a Provisional Prize Winner in person by telephone (Sponsor’s fulfillment center will attempt to reach Provisional Prize Winner up to three (3) times during a twenty-four hour period and no messages will be left) or (b) if a Provisional Prize Winner does not respond to the emailed notification according to the directions in the emailed notification within twenty-four hours of the time the email was sent by Sponsor’s fulfillment center, then that Provisional Prize Winner will be disqualified and a substitute Provisional Prize Winner will be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries. For each of the drawings, the first eligible Provisional Prize Winner that the Sponsor successfully contacts personally by telephone or email and who claims the Prize in accordance with these Official Rules will be declared the Prize Winner.
The return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable, or a Prize Winner’s failure to otherwise comply with these Official Rules will result in disqualification, the forfeiture of all interest in the prize, and selection of a substitute Prize Winner from among all remaining eligible entries received. Unless prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and their respective advertising and promotional agencies to use a Prize Winner’s name, address (city and state), and photo, image and/or likeness for any commercial, publicity or promotional purposes without further notice, compensation, review or approval, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including without limitation the Internet.
A PARTICIPANT, INCLUDING A PROVISIONAL WINNER, IS NOT A WINNER OF A PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
6. PARTICIPATION. By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Sweepstakes judges or administrators appointed by Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with the Sweepstakes will be ineligible for the prize and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
7. RELEASE. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to fully release, forever discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook and Twitter, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and franchisees, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives and successors and assigns of all of the foregoing companies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) from and against any claims, costs, liabilities, losses, injuries and damages arising out of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any claims for personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, loss of enjoyment, or any other harm whatsoever arising out of: (1) participation in the Sweepstakes; (2) the quality, receipt, possession, use, or misuse of any prize; or (3) any travel or activity that is related to the Sweepstakes or any prize.
8. DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY. By entering, participants acknowledge and agree that the Sweepstakes Entities will not be liable for losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance/possession/use/misuse of and/or inability to use a prize(s), the theft of prizes or mail, travel to and from or participation in any prize-related activity, participation in the Sweepstakes (including as a result of participation in the Refer A Friend program), printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any malfunctions of the telephone network, computer Internet system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof, or for any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, postage-due, forged, illegible, inaudible, mutilated, mechanically duplicated, mass machine printed, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to any participant’s or third person’s computer or mobile device and/or their contents, related to or resulting from the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes if, in its sole discretion, it determines that for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned, or fraud, technical failures, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any other unanticipated causes or occurrences have compromised the fairness or integrity of the Sweepstakes. In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated prior to the stated end date, Sponsor reserves the right to award all prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received as of the date of termination. BY ENTERING, PARTICIPANTS FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEBSITES, APPS, ENTRY PAGES AND THE PRIZE(S), ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THAT TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS REGARDING THE PRIZE, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR OR GENERAL USE OR PURPOSE.
Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes. Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes entrants agree that: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant(s) and Sponsor and its agents shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, USA without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. Entrant agrees that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes, or awarding of the prizes, shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in the State of Florida, USA and entrant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action.
9. SWEEPSTAKES MAIL OPT-OUT REQUEST/WINNERS LIST. To request the name and hometown of the Prize Winners (available after May 23, 2017) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped business-size envelope to The Valpak My Mom, My Hero Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 13428, St. Petersburg, Florida 33733, USA, Attn: Promotions Department. Indicate whether you are requesting the names of the Winners, or a copy of these Official Rules, or any combination of the foregoing. If you no longer wish to receive mailings for sweepstakes sponsored by Valpak, write to 805 Executive Center Dr. W, St Petersburg, FL 33702, USA – Attn: Sweepstakes Removal.